Friday 6 July 2012

Essex Girl.

Today is Friday and I am currently in a state of panic. Tomorrow is my friends 40th Birthday Party, this will not be a normal party by any means. This party has......A Theme.......Not just any theme.....But a Essex Theme.

I am not ashamed to say that I am one of many of my friends who just loves watching TOWIE (The Only Way Is Essex). So with this in mind that's what she has decided to go for.
My itinerary for today involves the purchasing of more fake eyelashes.I had some but unfortunately whilst practising I got them stuck to my linen trousers which then left a black fluff all over them.





I will then be attempting to find some jewellery that doesn't make my neck, finger and ears go green.






The real work starts tonight, with the dreaded fake tan going on. Now, I am what I like to think a bit of an expert with the whole application of tan thing but on this occasion I am going to have to go a shade darker than normal. It has struck me today that I am supposed to be going shopping with The Northern Mother on Sunday and I may resemble an Ompa Loompa at this rate. So with this in mind I have a cunning plan.....Apply normal amount of tan and then top up with a less permanent one on Saturday afternoon.

 Fingers crossed it wont react with the real one and end up going green like the Ompa Loompas hair colour!!!

I have gone for a rather beautiful Maxi Dress for this party due to the fact I refuse to wear anything that makes me look fatter than I already am. I have tried on many..many...many dresses but wanted to cry when I looked in the mirror. So I was thrilled when I saw this one in Monsoon and as if by some fluke its a size 14. Now, I haven't been a size 14 since I was 15 and I very much doubt I am now, good old Monsoon and there generous sizes. I might even cut the label out and stitch it back on the outside for everyone to see.





My C-Section belly will be well and truly tucked in to the wonder known as Spanx Pants. These little..sorry....massive beauties will be my savour tomorrow night. To look at they are the most unattractive pair of apple catchers I've ever seen but as long as my dress doest catch fire and fall off I think I will be fine.



So there we go, I'm all set and raring to get my outfit on and hopefully look fabulous. The Husband is looking forward to getting all dressed up and partying the night away. We have no kids either that night as The Northern Mother is having them. This gave The Husband a little twinkle in his eye when I mentioned we would have the house to ourselves. Bless him, hes in for such a shock when we get home and I start to DE-fabulous.....Off will come the fake lashes, smoky eye shadow, lip gloss, nails and hair piece, the strapless scaffolding bra will release the boobs and off the Spanx pants will come so my belly goes back to being a bit wobbly. And then i will have the horror of the non permanent fake tan that may of gone a bit streaky by this time.

Never mind, once I get my comfy PJ's on, make cups of tea and toast for the both of us hopefully he will still love me and find me as fabulous ever.

And if not, well.....................TOUGH....I am not going through all that again let me assure you.

Lots of Love
Me xxx





13 comments:

  1. I use those eyelashes, they're fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didnt end up using them after all that, they kept getting stuck to my fringe. xx

      Delete
  2. haha awesome! have fun hun :P remember not all girls are like that (im from essex) looking forward to piccys! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, Loving Essex at this present time. No way I could get dressed up like this every night. Very tiring xx

      Delete
  3. Being the birthday girl tomorrow I would be happy if you came in your birthday suit as long as you were there xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha... I'm sure you will look Fab.. Have fun chick...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love that dress! And i actually think that monsoon is on the small side, so there you go! Have fun, Kat. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, it is a lovely dress. Ooooo on the small side now that has cheered me up x

      Delete
  6. Hope you have fun, you are going to look fabulous! Don't forget the rediculously high heels too x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Im not wearing heels tonight as the old back is playing up but have rather beautiful diamond encrusted flip flops xx

      Delete
  7. It's going to be ace, and you can't beat a cat in a wig! Has your blog had a makeover too? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie, loving the cat in a wig picture too. Blog had a makeover a while back but thanks anyway. Glad you like it xx

      Delete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx